Tuesday, May 26, 2009


Memorial Day...Lots to be thankful for - So many loved ones gone, but lots of memories.

Our Jenny finished 12th grade last week and it brought tons of remembrance of our first baby granddaughter. She and I used to walk a couple blocks to get ice cream when she could barely walk. She'd patiently wait 'til we got back to eat our melted ice cream bars. Sometimes we'd sit in her Aunt Kate's convertible in the carport and pretend drive. Jenny taught me a lot about babies and especially your children's babies! "No" is not in our vocabulary, and the parents of all our grands have given us this special gift by their sweet skillful parenting. We are so grateful. Jenny, I can't be your "hubund", but I sure am glad to be your Papa.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post, Dad! You are such a great "Papa" to all of your grandchildren! Your children & grands are all so thankful for your love and presence in our lives! I love you XOXO
    Carol

    ReplyDelete