Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mysteries Revealed

Bill Steakin called me yesterday to confirm my speaking appointment last night at TRC...(more on that later-www.TRCprisonministry.org) He also informed me that one of the fellows was putting himself at serious risk with old addictions and careless behavior. I had a little time to pray and reflect and God directed me to James 5:13-16 - specifically call the elders to pray over him and anoint him with oil. Here's the provision of God: I keep a little vial of oil in my van, but it was empty. It just so happened that as I was going out the door yesterday, my wife handed me a new full vial of oil and said, "here, you might need this." She does not know I keep a vial nor that it was empty, and of course had no idea of the events of the evening until I got home! I was able to anoint the brother in the name of the Lord and he was totally broken as I told this story. He was able to feel God's singular love for him. And I was able to thank God once again for my wife and all the opportunities He gives me to tell of His wonderful LOVE. God, You are an Awesome God.

No comments:

Post a Comment